Twice the Ice: Minus5 Ice Bar opening in Orlando
Watch yourself, International Drive. There may be an ice-turf war happening soon. A little rumble in the igloo, if you will. There’s a new cold bar coming to town.
Minus5 Ice Bar is moving in on ICEBAR Orlando‘s territory. They’ll be opening up their first Florida location at Pointe Orlando later this month. According to Google Maps, that’s just a four minute walk from the location of the current cold-bar kingpin, ICEBAR Orlando, on International Drive. It’s about to go down. Let’s take a look at the two contenders:
- The Minus5 franchise claims to have opened America’s very first ice bar at Mandalay Bay in 2008.
- ICEBAR Orlando touts itself as the largest permanent ice bar in the world.
- Minus5 Ice Bar is kept at a chill 23 degrees Fahrenheit.
- ICEBAR Orlando is kept at 27 degrees Fahrenheit. Burn!
- Minus5 Ice Bar will help you propose to your love by freezing the ring into a cocktail glass.
- ICEBAR Orlando’s suggests the Penguin Pizz without the vodka for the teetotalers.
- Minus5 Ice Bar’s ice comes from New Zealand.
- ICEBAR Orlando uses more than 50 tons of ice.
Orlando may not be big enough for the both of ‘em, but, seeing as I’ve already been to ICEBAR Orlando while pretending to be a tourist, I’ll have to be fair and see what Minus5 Ice Bar is all about when it opens later this month. I’ll just be sure to wear neutral colors and bring an ice pick … just in case.