Giddiness overload: Live Tweeting the Golden Globes
The Golden Globes are on Sunday (8 p.m., NBC), and since I’ve been a certified awards show addict since the age of 12 when I saw my then-idol, Jessica Tandy, take home an Oscar for Driving Miss Daisy, I am stupid amounts of giddy for the show and plan to share a heaping mess of that while live tweeting throughout the awards Sunday night. Just follow @OrlandoWeekly if you’re watching too!
In lieu of super-formal predictions, here are some things I hope to see on Sunday night:
- Someone from a non-traditional show wins something big. (I’m looking at you, Jason Bateman. Or Kevin Spacey. Or Corey Stoll.)
- Sofia Vergara shuts the fuck up and just lets herself be sexy. When she talks, she ruins it.
- Elisabeth Moss finally wins a damn award already. Don’t you guys understand? She’s genius!
- Three words: Monica Potter, Parenthood. Seriously, one of the best, most subtle performances of the season. Her cry face!
- Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad: All winners.
- Jeremy Renner with a surprise no-nomination win for American Hustle, because, really, he was the best part.
- Matthew McConaughey wins for Dallas Buyer’s Club and gives his speech shirtless. Yum!
- Huge Spike Jonze-inspired dance number starring Christopher Walken and John Goodman
- Helena Bonham Carter wears something batshit crazy and owns the hell out it.
- Amy Poehler presents an award to Amy Poehler. And then thanks herself. Maybe they can CGI two Amy Poehlers. There can never be enough Poehler.
You can check out our film reviewer, Rob’s, more legitimate predictions here.
Things will get even more ridiculous on Sunday night, when I crack open my awards show champagne and live tweet the Globes! Join me at 8 p.m. @OrlandoWeekly!