Christmas Time is [almost] here: Local bands, holiday parties and Christmas covers
My morning got cheery real quick when I checked my inbox and discovered this Charlie Brown Christmas cover from local band the Pauses, so I figured I’d give you the same opportunity to recall the true meaning of Christmas along with me. It got me thinking about all the holiday parties coming up, so I threw together a quick list of five holiday music nights to go be naughty or nice at:
1. Everything Is Terrible Holiday Special “A New Beginning” @ Will’s Pub (8 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11) RSVP
A psychedelic holiday pageant you don’t wanna miss. (You can read more about in tomorrow’s issue!)
2. Headbang ‘n’ Buttonmash Holiday Party @ The Geek Easy (7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13) RSVP
Hip-hop meets metal meets meets video games meets mistletoe? This show features Team Rock-It, Infinite Earths, Ad Nauseum and Michael Seuss, along with indie games you can play, with free entry if you bring an unwrapped toy or comic book for a kid in needs of cheer this season.
3. A Very Beary Christmas 3! @ Parliament House (8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13) RSVP
Get your raffle tickets, then party all night to music from DJ Jay Skinner, Claire and the Potatoes, Chasing Jonah and Reggie Williams, for the benefit of GLBT Community Center of Orlando (plus a toy drive!), as well as a vendor fair and emceed by Chantel Reshae.
4. A Kitschy Christmas Party @ the Space (10 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14) RSVP
Wear your worst Christmas sweater for this dance party featuring Thee Wilt Chamberlain and DJs VSN QST and Allan Duncan, plus a Santa Claus who’s there to roast more than some chestnuts.
5. Southern Fried Sunday for the Holidays @ Will’s Pub (5:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15) RSVP
Bad Santa and His Angry Elves will be out, as well as Thomas Wynn & Friends, Hymn for Her and the Bloody Jug Band, for a special edition of Southern Fried Sunday, featuring barbecue from the Smiling Bison.