Winter Park Saloon opens this weekend in former McRaney’s Tavern
“Winter Park, y’all! ”
Rolls off the tongue, no? Well, Winter Park Saloon hopes it will soon. That’s right, (sub)urban cowboys, the City of Culture and Heritage is about to get its own Gilley’s! The new country video bar opens this weekend in the former McRaney’s Tavern space next door to 4 Rivers.
(Some twisty, coincidental background for you: The people behind the concept – John SanFelippo and George Maltezos – are partners with Foundation Presents principals Michael McRaney and Gerard Mitchell in premier downtown venues the Beacham and the Social. Now McRaney and Mitchell used to own and operate McRaney’s there. However, they’re not involved with Winter Park Saloon.)
For now, the saloon will focus on contemporary country music, which is unfortunate for hard-core country fans like me. But the owners tell us they plan on doing an open mic/acoustic night and a classic country night with live bands at some point. So hit ‘em up like we will if you want them to deliver on that promise.
Anyhoo, the grand opening this weekend is hosted by K92 FM with 92-cent burgers on the old-fashioned half-barrel grill. Happy hour starts at 4pm and DJ DP from K92.3fm will start the late night party at 9:30pm.
Some other notable highlights from the press release:
- $150,000 overhaul that includes tricked out audio and video, new walls, bathrooms, & floors.
- Refined beer and wine selection including popular craft beers, gluten free beers, and a wine based specialty drink menu including something so interesting you have to taste it to believe it. Even though it is only a beer and wine permitted venue, owner John SanFelippo has stumbed upon a great treasure for the cocktail and shot drinkers…Liquor flavored wine based products. So there will be vodka, rum, tequila, whiskey, and gin flavored cocktails as well. Jumping onto the trend wagon, let us not leave out the coolest of the cool Saki based drinks, boasting some of the best premium imported Saki in town with a 24% alcohol by volume.
- Exciting features include HDTV’s showing the newest and coolest country music videos programmed by Nascar and Miller Lites Official Master DJ Scott Bucher of Promo Only, Inc., the nation’s largest provider of custom video programming and remixes.
- And what would a country bar be without plenty of room to line dance, Friday and Saturday parties with the top country music DJ’s in the scene, a handful of Happy Hours, BBQ’s, and classic Country promotions.
- With all of the traditional country décor staples including bullhorns, cowhides, a vintage saddle set up for photo ops and a modern game room with pool and darts, this would-be average bar is a country eentertainment hub. Two cool outdoor patios with a fire pit, horse shoes, and plenty of seating make for spacious outdoor smoking areas while the inside remains smoke-free.