Notable Noise: This Week’s Best Shows [Florida's Dying Rock Fight, Crocodiles, Man or Astro-Man, more]
Monday, July 16
- The Dave Matthews Tribute Band [Social] - Say what you will, I think there’s something inherently awesome about the sheer ballsiness involved with straight-up jacking a currently active musician’s fanbase like this. Can’t afford $60 to see Real Dave Matthews at the Bank of Corporate Malfeasance Ballfield and Music Park? Just wait a few weeks, and Fake Dave Matthews will only charge you $10!
Tuesday, July 17
- Tremonti [Social] - I’m sorry. Really? Really? We’re gonna keep doing this?
- Yo Gotti, Mook Boy, Lil Peco, Disco Jr, DJ Royale, DJ Babylac, DJ BabyBoi [Beacham]
- Gustavo Lima [Hard Rock Live]
Wednesday, July 18
- SHOW OF THE WEEK #1: Crocodiles [Social] - Great band. Great new record. (But their last one was better.) Bao has things to say about them.
- Peeple Watchin’, Big Awesome, the Holy Shits, Henrietta, Wet Nurse [Peacock]
Thursday, July 19
- SHOW OF THE WEEK #2: Man or Astro-man?, the Ultras S/C [Social] - They’re back!!!
- Cope, Big Something -[Will's]
Friday, July 20
- Antiwarpt Pre Party: Eugene Snowden & the JC’s Jumpers, Jane Jane Pollock, Thee Wilt Chamberlain [Will's Pub]
- Crosstown Rival, Dharmata, Gunpowder Temple, Judy Tribune [The Haven] - Remember how last week I was using Gunpowder Temple as an example so I could talk about Much Bigger Things? Well, if what I said made you curious about this local modern rock band, you can go check them out at the Haven tonight.
Saturday, July 21
SHOW OF THE WEEK #3: Rock Fight [Will's Pub] - Fake bands fight to see who can make the best/worst impression. I judged this the first year, and actual fires broke out. The photo above is from the second year (I stole the photo from Kickbrightzine; go and read the review/wrap-up). This is the third year, but it’s been more than six years since the last one and it’s at a new venue. It will be insane.