Orlando is the fifth most exciting city in Florida
Real estate site Movoto has compiled the top 10 most exciting cities in the state of Florida and Orlando landed at No. 5. To determine this ranking Movoto considered the following:
- Nightlife per capita (bars, clubs, comedy, etc.)
- Live music venues per capita
- Active life options per capita (parks, outdoor activities, etc.)
- Arts and Entertainment per capita (movie theaters, festivals, galleries, theaters, etc.)
- Fast Food restaurants per capita (the fewer the better, because fast food is boring)
- Percentage of restaurants that are not fast food (the higher the better)
- Percentage of young residents ages 18 to 34 (the higher the better)
Coming in at No. 1 on the list was, no big surprise, Miami Beach. Movoto cited the city’s bumpin’ nightlife, as well as its arts and live music venues as some of the leading factors to the beach city’s win. Following closely behind Miami Beach were Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and Sarasota.
Orlando grabbed the No. 5 spot on the merits of our theme parks and the 50 million visitors per year they bring to the City Beautiful. We also landed in the top five for our arts & entertainment scene, nightlife and the age of our population. Orlando would have higher on the overall list if it weren’t for our fast food rank (76). Damn you chain restaurants! But, hey, it gives us something to work toward.
Check out the entire ranking below: